Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jesus- Our Perfect Hero

Scripture:
His mouth is most sweet , yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem! ---- Song of Solomon 5:16

Jesus is someone whom you can be completely real with. You can hang out with Him & be yourself, with no pretense & no play acting. Jesus is ever loving toward you & you can talk to Him about ANYTHING. He enjoys conversing with you about your dreams, aspiration, & hopes. 
He wants to heal you of things in your past that you may be struggling with.He is interested in your present challenges. 
He wants to weep with you when you are down, and rejoice with you in all your victories.

Jesus is LOVE & TENDERNESS personified. Be careful not to confuse His tenderness with the effeminate & weak images that you have seen depicted in some traditional paintings of Him. 
He is TENDERNESS & STRENGTH wrapped in One. He is MEEKNESS & MAJESTY, MANHOOD & DIETY,
VELVET & STEEL. You see, sometimes, when we attempt to be assertive & strong, we bulldoze over people's feelngs & end up hurting them with our words. When we attempt to be tender, we overdose on niceness & reduce ourselves to doormats to be taken advantage of by others.

Let's turn away from ourselves & look at Jesus. He could sternly force a pack of scheming Pharisees to back off in one instance, challenging them by saying, " He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first " (John 8:7).
In the very next moment, this same Jesus could look straight into the eye of a broken woman caught in adultery, & with compassion resonating deeply in His voice, ask her, 
"Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you? Neither do I condemn you;
go & sin no more" (John 8:10-11).

THIS IS OUR GOD!

In one moment, a tired Jesus could be fast asleep in a wind-swept fisherman's boat, oblivious to the rough Galilean waters crashing against the hapless vessel. 
But in the very next moment, you see Him staring unflinchingly at the lashing waves, His well-toned carpenter's arms raised to the sky. With His single declaration of absolute authority over heaven & earth, the waves submitted & calmed instantaneously into a placid mirror of stillness (Mark 4:37-39).

Jesus is 100 percent Man, & at the same time 100 percent God. 
As Man, He understands & identifies with ALL that you have gone through, are going through, & will ever go through in this life. 
But as a Loving God, all His power, authority, & resources are on your side.
Beloved, whatever you are facing today, let your heart rest easy in His perfect LOVE for you.


Prayer:
Father, help me to keep my eyes on JESUS, the One who is altogether lovely. For my sake, Lord Jesus, You become a Man so that today, You understand everything Im going through & every emotion I feel.
Thank you Jesus, for not condemning me, but loving me always & for reassuring me today that I have the Presence of the All-Loving & All-Powerful God-Man in my life to help & prosper me in every area of my life.

Thought:
JESUS understands & identifies with ALL that I have gone through, am going through,
& will ever go throughin this life.


My throughts:
As I read this chapter today, I have felt & experienced God's supernatural strength & unfailing Love embracing my entire being. I just felt immersed in God's ocean of Grace. We have a God, a Heavenly Father who knows us from the inside out, yet loves us unconditionaly. We don't have to fear rejection or condemnation. We can come boldly to Him because we are His Righteousness, we have been qualified by the Blood of Jesus. 
My prayer for you today is that, May the Holy Spirit give you a revelation from this truth that you may see more of Jesus & experience More of His grace & power at work in your life. 
Know that you are deeply Loved by Jesus, that He cares so much about you. Everything about you. 
He desires to bless you, to strengthen you in every area of your life. 
He has won it all for you & me at the cross. It's a done deal. 
I found the strength to hurdle all the obstacles I face in life because He gives me supernatural strength to be able to come out strong & immovable despite the challenges. That I will be able to rise above my circumstances, to reign in Life through Christ. 

Regardless of your circumstance, You have Victory in Jesus. You are Blessed, Favored, & Loved beyond measure.

(Taken from 100 days of Favor)

No comments:

Post a Comment